Mom bought Dad a night at Cavallo Point Lodge for Father's Day. This weekend, we took advantage of that night. It was a perfect weekend to go. The sun was shining in beautiful Sausalito, the property was so full of charm, and the food was....well...perfect! We had 4 meals in a 24 hour period.
Cavallo Point is located in what used to be an old Army Fort. Fort Baker. They retrofitted some of the old Army buildings and brought them in to the 21st century while keeping the property very eco friendly and green.
 |
| The main lodge |
 |
| Our cottage. We even had a little driveway. Thats our silver car behind the house. |
We loved our room! We were on the second floor in what was probably an officer's home. It was very unique.
We started our food fest at the bar at Cavallo Point. Drake Bay Oysters, Crab Croquettes, Fried Chicken, Flatbread with Salmon and Creme Fraiche, Fries, and few glasses of white wine.
 |
| Finger Lickin Good! |
After lunch we spent the afternoon roaming the property, enjoying the view of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge, and playing in the grass!
 |
| Whats Mom looking at? She's always staring at me. |
 |
| Mom loves the camera. So here we are in another photo :) |
 |
| Hey look....Kites! |
 |
| Dad and I sharing a laugh |
 |
| I love rocking chairs! |
 |
| Hey you guys! Look at us! |
A great hotel stay is never complete without breakfast in bed. Here I am celebrating my first five months deciding what to eat for breakfast. The truth is I want to eat it all (at least taste it all). Cornmeal pancakes, sourdough waffles, home made toast and jams, and maple glazed bacon....yum.
We spent some time by the piers. It was such a gorgeous day.
 |
So this is what the Golden Gate looks like from the other side of the Bay.
I've only seen it from the San Francisco side. |
 |
| But Dad, I dont want to look at the view of San Francisco. I want to play |
 |
| Super Baby |
Not pictured here on the blog, but still very delicous was our trip to Fish ( a restaurant past downtown Sausalito). How can you go wrong with a a crab roll and deep fried oysters with chips.
No comments:
Post a Comment