On May 4th, I celebrated my 100 Days Old, otherwise known as Okuihajime in Japanese. When a baby turns 100 Days Old, a Japanese tradition is to serve a symbolic "first-meal" to celebrate the baby getting ready to eat food other than milk. Although I won't start eating cereal for several more weeks, Grandma and Grandpa Kimotsuki prepared a feast fit for a Prince. Grandma made a whole fish (for happiness) and also prepared soup with shrimp and lots of sashimi. For dessert, I ate my first Japanese rice cake (manju). It was delicious! I can get used to eating like a prince everyday!
 |
| Gassho with mommy before we eat |
 |
| Okuihajime - my "first meal" |

 |
| I love manju |
 |
| The whole fish represents happiness |
 |
| With all the excitement, I started to get really hot :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment