Saturday, September 10, 2011

New York City - Day 5

OK, Im on Day 5 now. What a great day. We started off with a little stroll down to the Parker Meridien Hotel where we met Auntie Rachel for Brunch. While the food was really great, really the highlight was seeing Rachel and hearing about everything thats going on with her. We also had a celebrity sighting. We sat next to Arliss from the show that used to be on HBO. I wonder if he was power lunching.


Afterwards we strolled down to Bergdorf for some early afternoon shopping.While Mom and Dad came home empty handed, they hope to come home with some goodies tomorrow. Later in the afternoon, we took some time to recover at the hotel and watch the Cal game. It was a bit of a sloppy game by the Bears, but Keenan Allen won the game in overtime with his TD. Phew. It was a hard earned road win. Cal didnt have may of those last year. During half time, Mom brought home some Shake Shack for dinner. Yum.

When the game finally ended, we decided to walk uptown. As we left the Times Square, we found a familiar face. Elmo was standing on the corner getting ready to gobble down a hot dog. I had to have a pic.


Afterwards we got a chance to visit Mom and Dad's old apartment building on 56th street and headed to Lincoln Center  to see if there were any Fashion Week festivities going on. There was a free concert to celebrate the 10th anniversary of 9/11. It was really something.

150 West 56th Street. Thanks for the memories.

Dad getting ready to buy a new T Shirt. Go Isles.

Mister Softee!! Who's that guy eyeing my ice cream.

I thought we were going to jump on the subway so I pulled out my MetroCard.

At Argo Tea in Columbus Circle. Where is my tea Sangria!

Mom said that she and Dad saw them filming the Smurf movie here in
Columbus Circle a year ago, so I wanted to see if I could find one.
Here we are looking for one.

I didn't find any Smurfs, but we did find the friendship bear and the 9/11 exhibit at the Time Warner Center.
Listening to the concert outside of Lincoln Center

Where are all the beautiful ladies at? Its Fashion Week!


On the way home, we stopped off at Epicerie Boulud. for a quick Pate Sandwich and a Chocolate Eclair. Yum.
After a long day of walking, I passed out on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment